A woman has been taken to hospital after a large fire in a Dundee shop.
The fire broke out in the Best-one convenience store on Fintry Road, near the Dolphin bar, just before 11.30am on Wednesday.
The condition of the injured woman and the cause of the fire has not been confirmed.
Locals reported hearing an explosion and then shouting and screaming as the flames took hold.
One woman, who knows the injured person but asked not to be named, said: “This is really upsetting.
“I can’t believe what we are all seeing here.
“The fire seems to have taken hold really quickly and it’s the smoke that is the worst thing.
“At the height of the fire you couldn’t see across the road.”
Locals in shock at Fintry shop fire
Resident Ann Webster told The Courier she “heard a commotion” before seeing the injured woman being tended to.
She said: “It was awful. I have never seen or heard anything like that before.”
Racsana Rashid, who works in the Post Office on Fintry Drive, said she rushed out of her shop when she heard shouting and screaming.
She said: “The woman was taken away in the back of an ambulance.
“I really hope she is going to be OK.”
A worker at the nearby Premier Store said: “I’m genuinely shocked at what we have seen happening.
“We rushed out of the shop when we heard the explosion.”
Other nearby businesses have had to close due to the electricity supply to the area being cut off.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service confirmed a total of five appliances were sent to the scene and three remain.
They left the area at 2.20am on Thursday morning.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “We were made aware of a fire at a shop on Fintry Road in Dundee around 11.30am on Wednesday.
“One woman has been taken to hospital for treatment.”