One man was taken to hospital after a major garage fire in a Fife village.
Neighbours said a garage operated by SMD Commercials went up in flames, sending black smoke into the sky.
One person was rescued and taken to Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four crews used a hose reel jet, two main jets and breathing apparatus, as well as a foam unit and height appliance, to tackle the blaze.
They stayed on the scene for several hours while police locked down surrounding streets.
One resident said: “I didn’t see anything until the street started filling up with flashing blue lights. There was a lot of smoke coming from the building. The fire seems to have started inside.”
Another local reported hearing a loud bang shortly before emergency crews arrived on the scene.
The garage is used to repair and restore cars and commercial vehicles.
Fire chiefs were last night trying to establish the cause of the blaze, although it is not believed to be suspicious.
It is thought some damage may have been caused to a neighbouring unit.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “We were called around 4.45pm to assist the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service following a fire at an address at Croftouterly, Leslie, Glenrothes.”
An ambulance incident response unit was also called to the scene.
The fire was under control by 8pm, but crews remained on the scene to check for and extinguish any hidden hot pockets.