Do you sit for long periods of time? Struggle to get in and out of your current easy chair? Get uncomfortable sitting in the same position? Then a recliner chair could be the solution for you.
From giving you variety in your sitting position to helping you get in and out of the chair to just being comfortable and relaxing, recliners are a great, cost effective way to make you feel better – inside and out.
Planet Furniture owner Ben said: “We’ve heard from customers who have told us that mobility chairs like riser recliners make a big difference.”
He added: “The height of the chair and the riser makes this type of chair easy to get in and out of.
“And the recliner function makes it so comfortable that it can be slept in all night!”
Here are just a few of the ways that a recliner could make a difference to your physical and mental health:
- Improving circulation – The ability to change your sitting position with the touch of a button or the pull of a lever means that you can move without exerting too much effort, which can improve your body’s circulation.
- Improving your posture – Because you can adjust the back of the chair, you can put it into a position that is perfect for you. A good sitting position is vital to maintain good posture and limit back pain.
- Reducing aches and pains – Sitting in the same position for a lot time can cause painful pressure sores. By shifting into and out of a reclining position you can take pressure off certain parts of your body, which reduces the chances of pressure sores. If you have issues with your legs, raising them up can alleviate the symptoms.
- Reducing stress – The best way to reduce stress is to relax – and in a recliner you can definitely do that! Whether it’s just putting your feet up or dropping the back so you are lying down, a recliner is the most relaxing chair you can have in your living room.
- Staying independent – One of the most common things people need help with as their mobility becomes limited is getting into and out of their chairs. But a riser recliner is that extra pair of hands, gently lowering or raising you into a standing or seating position.
Worried about the cost? Riser recliners at Planet Furniture start from just £599 – and there’s even funding available from external sources for people with certain disabilities and physical ailments.
The team at Planet Furniture are experts and can help you get a chair that will give you more comfort and freedom. Visit the website to find out more or pop into the showroom in Glenrothes.