Police smashed their way into a Perth property after locals reported screaming and shouting from inside.
Worried officers broke into the Bute Drive house after they were met with silence at the front door.
They found serial offender Paul Booth sitting in the living room.
The 30-year-old appeared at Perth Sheriff Court and admitted behaving in a threatening or abusive way, likely to cause fear or alarm, on January 8.
He shouted, swore, adopted an aggressive demeanour and made derogatory remarks to his then-partner Jill Clark, who has since died.
Fiscal depute David Currie said the argument was over the use of illicit drugs.
Booth was heard calling Ms Clark a “slag” and a “whore”.
Mr Currie said: “Police made efforts to rouse the occupants of the property,” said the fiscal depute.
“Ultimately the door was forced open and the accused was traced within the living room.”
After he was arrested, Booth told cops: “I was trying to get the phone off of her to call police and get her removed from my house.”
His solicitor said: “He can’t remember what they were arguing about, but he does accept he was shouting at her,” she said.
“He has stopped using drugs and is now clean.”
The pursuit ended when he drove his car into the back of a tipper truck.
Sheriff Francis Gill called for background reports and deferred sentence on the Bute Drive incident until November 17.
Taken: A dog owner’s worst nightmare
The emotional impact of dog theft in Scotland is being explored in our new documentary, Taken.
We have spoken to local dog owners affected to explore the devastating toll it has taken on their lives.
They are demanding tougher sentences for dog thieves as a consultation on changing the law is launched.
A Dundee man has been fined after a doorbell “overheard” him threaten his next door neighbour. Vito Giannico, 53, admitted making a threat toward his neighbour on Foggyley Place in April this year, which was recorded on the Ring doorbell.
A teenage off-road biker allegedly chased down a group of children on a pavement in Blairhall, Fife.
The 16-year-old is said to have driven dangerously on Clover Way by travelling at excessive speed on the unregistered motorbike.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is then said to have driven directly at the group of four nine-year-old’s and pursued them along the footpath and forcing them to jump out of the way.
He faces a further charge of behaving in a threatening and abusive manner towards the children during the alleged incident on April 14.
At Dunfermline Sheriff Court he denied both charges.
He will stand trial in the new year.
Jailed for abuse
A man whose abuse of teenagers came to light after one of his victims underwent hypnotherapy has been jailed for six months. Thomas Hepburn, 62, was previously found guilty of two charges of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour.