Fire crews are battling a major blaze at a popular highland Perthshire holiday resort.
Emergency services were called to the Taymouth Marina restaurant, on the banks of Loch Tay, just after 12pm on Monday.
A spokeswoman from the marina said: “We are shocked and saddened by the fire that has ripped through our beautiful restaurant this morning.
“However, we are hugely relieved that everyone is safe and would like to thank the Scottish fire service whose team on the ground is working tirelessly to bring the fire under control.”
She added: “Thankfully everything is prepared for our guests who begin arriving today and we look forward to welcoming them, and the many hundreds of day visitors, who make their way to Taymouth Marina to enjoy the spectacular scenery each week.
“We have been heartened by the response from the community, our staff and our suppliers who have pulled together as one tight-knit team to ensure our guests will have a wonderful visit to Taymouth Marina. Thankfully the restaurant building is separate from the self-catering accommodation and the Hot Box sauna so guests will not be impacted”
— LS (@leahsmithh7) February 11, 2019
— Richard Ford (@Phizzyrich) February 11, 2019
We can confirm that this afternoon at 12:00pm a fire was discovered in the unoccupied restaurant at the luxury Taymouth…
— Aimee Smith (@xaimeesmith) February 11, 2019
A fire service spokeswoman said eight appliances had been called to the marina.
Video posted on social media show part of the restaurant roof well ablaze.
The neighbouring Crannog Centre has closed for the day. A spokeswoman confirmed no one had been hurt in the blaze, adding “our thoughts are with our friends at Taymouth Marina”.
Taymouth Marina is in the process of a £15 million redevelopment. The latest stage saw the creation of new self-catering properties at the cost of £1.4m.
Last year, the resort was visited by singer Ed Sheeran.
More to follow.