The father of a hit-and-run victim fears the drink driver who left his son to die could kill again.
Frank McCann, whose 20-year-old son Stephen died after being struck by Andrew Russell in 2012, branded the Cardenden man a danger to society and said he should never be able to get behind the wheel of a car again.
Russell, 32, was this week jailed for 11 months and banned from driving for five years after admitting drink driving near his home in August.
Dunfermline Sheriff Court heard he was already disqualified from driving and had no insurance.
It was his third conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Mr McCann said 11 months in prison would be no deterrent to Russell, who was jailed for almost five years for ploughing into Stephen on the Glenrothes to Leslie road.
The young victim, who lived in Leslie, had been walking along the road during a night out in the early hours of January 21 and was found by his friends after Russell and his passenger fled the scene.
Speaking to Kingdom FM Mr McCann, he said: “He’s never had a driving licence, he’s never had insurance, he’s never had anything.
“He’s a danger to society and God forbid that some other poor soul will end up going through the same thing as we’re going through.
“What’s to stop this guy doing it again and leaving some other family suffering the way we do?”
Mr McCann said his family had not got justice for his son.
“If he had stabbed him just in a random fight he would have got a lot longer but he killed him with a car,” he said.
“My son is still lying in the cemetery and he’s still out driving cars.
“The guy should never be behind the wheel again. To give him 11 months is disgusting.”
He added: “He’s going to continue to do this because it’s not a deterrent to him.
“No parents should go through it but when the circumstances are totally avoidable it makes it a lot harder.”
Mr McCann said he had spoken to Stephen just two hours before he died.
“You never think that will be the last time you’ll speak to him,” he said.