Calling all foodies who always aim to make the most of leftover grub and cut down on food waste – we have the perfect dish for you.
This tasty recipe from Make It Scotch utilises leftover roast leg of lamb to make a lunch that is absolutely packed with flavour thanks to black olive tapenade and feta cheese.
It is a must-try for using up those dinner leftovers – and ensures no waste.
For more tips and information on what you can do to save food, save money, save the earth go to:
Scotch lamb pitta salad
- 300g cold roast leg of Scotch Lamb, thickly sliced
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 small Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 heaped tsp black olive tapenade
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- Halved cherry tomatoes, optional
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium to high heat and sear the lamb slices for a minute or two, turning until nicely browned and heated through. Do this in batches, covering with foil to keep warm in the meantime.
- Pop the pittas in the toaster till softened and warmed through.
- Split and stuff each pitta with a handful of shredded lettuce, onion and feta.
- Divide the warm meat slices equally between the pitta pockets and top the meat with a dollop of the tapenade, serving straight away.