A man was taken to hospital following a fire at a flat in Angus.
The fire broke out around 3.58am at a property in Seagate, Montrose.
A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said three fire units attended – one from Brechin and two from Montrose. He confirmed the fire was put out around 4.47am and that a male was taken to Ninewells Hosptial, Dundee by ambulance.
“Firefighters also used a thermal imaging camera, a safety camera, two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put out the fire,” he said.
And a police spokesperson added: “Police attended at the scene and one male was taken to hospital following the fire.”
More to follow.